CALL FOR WORKSHOPS AND EVENT PROPOSALS
The 21st International Conference on Business Information Systems (BIS 2018) will be held at the Fraunhofer FOCUS, Berlin, Germany.
BIS is currently one of top European conferences (ranked “B” in CORE 2017) in the areas of theory and practice of development and implementation of contemporary business information systems. More information on current and previous editions of BIS conference is available on the BIS web site at http://bis.ue.poznan.pl/bis2018/.
The BIS 2018 Program Committee invites proposals for workshops and events to be held back-to-back and during the conference.
BIS 2018 workshops and events may address all aspects of business information systems. These include in particular the conference theme “Digital Transformation – an imperative for today’s business markets” and the topics mentioned in the Call for Papers among the categories:
- Big and Smart Data and Artificial Intelligence
- Business and Enterprise Modeling
- ICT Project Management
- Process Management
- Smart Infrastructures
- Social Media and Web-based Business Information Systems
- Applications, Evaluations, and Experiences
The organization of workshops and events (including participant’s registration, website creation and partial advertising of call for papers) will be supported by BIS team, allowing workshop organizers to focus on scientific aspects of the event (review and selection of papers, division of presentations into sessions, etc.).
The post-proceedings of BIS 2018 workshops is planned to be published as a book by Springer-Verlag in Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing (LNBIP) series.
Each submission of proposed workshop or other event (max three A4 pages in PDF format) should describe:
- Title of the event
- Short description of the event and its goals
- Proposed format (e.g., workshop, tutorial, panel, etc.)
- Initial list of topics
- Preliminary program committee with specified chair(s)
- Description of workshop/event history (if proposed event is a following edition of already existing event) including statistics of previous edition(s)
- Previous experience of chair(s) in organizing similar events
- Preliminary forecast on possible number of submissions and accepted papers
Any information on possible workshop/event publicity is also welcome.
Submissions should be sent to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission of workshop and event proposals is December 31st, 2017.
Decisions on acceptance or rejection of proposed workshop will be taken and announced by the workshop organizers within two weeks from submission deadline.