Workshop intends to address the topics relevant for the BIS conference, but with a particular focus on water management.
Currently, the processes in water resources management are undergoing major transformations during its transition from the sectorial approaches of the past (e.g., water use for only irrigation, hydropower, or navigation) to contemporary ones that are integrative and comprehensive approaching watersheds as complex system with interrelated processes surrounding the water cycle. This transformation comes at a time when acute problems are rising in water resources by direct (land use change) or indirect (climate change) human interventions in the natural systems within which we live. Among the most obvious example of extreme events related to water are floods, droughts, excessive pollutant in streams, and an increasing demand of fresh water to sustain economic and social needs.
The new management approaches require processing of a huge amount of information with different levels of accessibility and availability and in various formats (from digital to hardcopy formats). Given the relevance of the data for practice, often the data acquisition needs to be acquired, transmitted and accessed in real time. Not all the required data neither is critical nor of equal quality, therefore screening and conditioning has to also be conducted in real time. Equally important is to have access to historical data (raw, statistics and postprocessed) for calibration and validation of the models. With regard to the accessibility of stakeholders to information, there are as well different situations. There are situations when information is to be accessed only by designated stakeholders, but there is a huge amount of information that is, and should be handled, as public information.
Thus, the workshop will address relevant aspects of business information systems puting accent on the conference theme “Digital Transformation – an imperative for today’s business markets”.
Short URL: SciBOWater.BISconf.info
Topics of interest
- Big and Smart Data and Artificial Intelligence
- Business and Enterprise Modeling
- Digital Transformation of Water Related Systems
- Smart Infrastructures
- Social Media and Web-based Business Information Systems
- Applications, Evaluations, and Experiences
Submission system is available at EasyChair
Details about submission template can be found here.
- May 27, 2018 (extended) – submission deadline for papers
- May 31, 2018 – notification of acceptance/rejection
- June 11, 2018 – submission of final papers
- July 18-20, 2018 – the workshop
Organizers and Chairs
- Prof. Mariana Mocanu, PhD., University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania
- Prof. Antonio Candelieri, PhD., University of Milano-Bicocca, Italy
- Prof. Valentin Cristea, PhD., University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania
- Prof. Florin Pop, PhD., University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania
- Prof. Ciprian Dobre, PhD., University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania
- Prof. Francesco Archetti, PhD., University of Milano-Bicocca, Italy
- Assoc. Prof. Andreja Jonoski, PhD., IHE Delft Institute for Water Education in Delft, The Netherlands
- Assoc. Prof. Ioana Popescu, PhD., IHE Delft Institute for Water Education in Delft, The Netherlands
To be extended…