The Doctoral Consortium will be held in conjunction with BIS 2018 conference, a well-respected event joining international researchers to discuss the wide range of the development, implementation, application and improvement of business applications and systems. The Consortium provides doctoral students with the chance to present and obtain comment on their research, to hear about the work of their peers at other universities, and to interact today’s leading researchers from different universities and countries. It is also an opportunity to meet interesting people and make new friendships. We invite students at different career stages: advanced students who have a clear topic and research approach as well as less experiences students, on the beginning of their PhD track.
The Consortium will be divided into two parts: plenary session and mentoring session. During the plenary session each student will present his or her work (research ideas, the current progress, future plans) and then receive constructive criticism and insights relates to his or her paper. We expect that each presentations will involve a presentation of 15 min and 30 min interactive discussion. Students should declare the stage of their PhD thesis – this precision is very important in order to avoid any misunderstanding on the scope of the discussion. The mentoring session will take place after the plenary session at PhD Cafe and last 90 min. Consortium Mentors will be assigned to each student to provide individual feedback and advice on the paper, the focus of the work and further developments. Each mentor will meet maximum two students at once.
- submission system will be available at Easychair
- language of presentation: English
- papers can be submitted in two forms:
- Long papers: max. 12 pages
- Demo papers: max. 4 pages
- accepted papers will be presented during the plenary sessions
- presentation could be based on original work or work that has been published before. However, we understand that a paper that will be submitted to the conference proceedings will be your original work that has not yet been published or submitted elsewhere, and that you agree to publish your work when it is accepted by the Program Committee
- only long papers will be published in conference proceedings (publication in a volume of the LNBIP series (Springer))
- post-presentation papers have to be reviewed and accepted by Program Committee in order to be published
Papers must be submitted in PDF format according to Springer LNBIP template.
- Submission deadline: May 8, 2018
- Notification of acceptance/rejection: Jun 5, 2018
- Registration deadline: Jun 25, 2018
- Doctoral Consortium: Jul 18-20, 2018
- Submission of revised papers for publication (including revisions based on consortium feedback): Jul 12, 2018
Organizers and Chairs
- Professor, PhD., Habil. Florin Pop, University POLITEHNICA of Bucharest, Romania: email@example.com
To be announced…