CALL FOR WORKSHOPS AND EVENT PROPOSALS
The 22nd International Conference on Business Information Systems (BIS 2019) will be held at the Universidad de Sevilla, Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingeniería Informática, Sevilla, Spain.
BIS is currently one of top European conferences (ranked “B” in CORE 2018). Along with the co-located Events, BIS provides a platform for bringing together researchers, practitioners, and academia to present and discuss ideas, challenges, and potential solutions on established or emerging topics related to research and practice in business information systems. More information on current and previous editions of BIS conference is available on the BIS web site at http://bis.ue.poznan.pl/bis2019/.
The BIS 2019 Program Committee invites proposals for Workshops and Events (e.g. symposium, consortium meeting, project dissemination meeting, special session, etc.) to be held back-to-back the BIS conference. The Events can run over any span of time within the conference dates; from half-day to three days.
BIS 2019 workshops and events may address all aspects of business information systems. These include in particular the conference theme “Data Science for Business Information Systems” and the topics mentioned in the Call for Papers among the categories
- Big and Smart Data and Artificial Intelligence
- Business and Enterprise Modeling
- ICT Project Management
- Smart Infrastructures
- Social Media and Web-based Business Information Systems
- Applications, Evaluations, and Experiences
The organization of workshops and events (including participant’s registration, website creation and partial advertising of call for papers) will be supported by BIS team, allowing workshop organizers to focus on scientific aspects of the event (review and selection of papers, division of presentations into sessions, etc.).
The post-proceedings of BIS 2019 workshops will be published as a book by Springer-Verlag in Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing (LNBIP) series. LNBIP volumes are indexed in the ISI Conference Proceedings Citation Index, Scopus, EI Engineering Index, Google Scholar, DBLP, etc.
Each submission of proposed workshop or other event (max three A4 pages in PDF format) should describe:
- Title of the event
- Short description of the event and its goals
- Proposed format (e.g., workshop, tutorial, panel, etc.)
- Initial list of topics
- Preliminary program committee with specified chair(s)
- Description of workshop/event history (if proposed event is a following edition of already existing event) including statistics of previous edition(s)
- Previous experience of chair(s) in organizing similar events
- Preliminary forecast on possible number of submissions and accepted papers
Submissions should be sent by 15 December 2018 to the following e-mail address: email@example.com