Each conference and workshop paper needs to be presented by one of the authors. The presenter of each accepted article needs to pay full registration fee.
before April 27, 2019
after April 27, 2019
|Regular participant||450 EUR||500 EUR|
|Author1||450 EUR||500 EUR|
- * Includes coffee breaks, lunches, reception, social dinner, proceedings and access to the program of all the events
- 1 Adding up to three additional pages costs 100 EUR
There is a company that take care of your visa process if you need that assistance. However, the applicant should check if the company offer that service for the home country of the applicant. You can check that here. You may resort to this link in order to know about the services provided in your country.
Below you can find a summary of the common procedure to apply for a short-term Schengen visa. Nevertheless, the Spanish consulate in your home country might require some other proofs from the applicant, so it is highly recommended that the applicant contact with the Spanish consulate before starting with the visa application.
- Fill in the application form
- Collect the documents and proofs
- Prepare the Visa Application Cover Letter
- Pay the fee
- Schedule an appointment in the Spanish consulate of the home country
Filling the application form:
- Fill the application form completely and with sincerity. You can find it here
- You can find additional information regarding how to fill in the form here
- In the main purpose of your trip, you can select the business option and then explain in detail the purpose of it in the Visa application cover letter.
Collect the documents and proofs:
- 2 passport-format photos must be attached. A recent whole-face capture with a light background is required. The photograph specifications for any short-term Schengen visa application are:
- Two identical photos. Not older than six months.
- Photo size: 35x45mm.
- In color. No black and white
- Head should take 70-80% of the photo.
- Brightly colored background. Light grey is suggested. No patterns.
- The applicant should be looking straight at the camera.
- Neutral face expression. No smile and mouth closed
- Avoid uniforms or colors matching the background.
- More information can be found here
- Your passport and copies of your previous visas – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- Schengen Travel Insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000 € coverage within Spain and the entire Schengen area.
- Applicants must consult with the Spanish Consulate if they are required to provide the flight ticket reservation. It is not clear in the online documentation whether it is mandatory to provide it in advance or not.
Prepare the Visa Application Cover Letter:
The cover letter should state the purpose of visit to Spain and itinerary. There are a few cover letter samples here.
Please make sure that you address to the Spanish consulate and that you provide enough information regarding the BIS S-BPM ONE joint conferences. The applicants should at least attach the notification of the paper accepted. It might be also recommended to attach the invoice of the conference registration but not mandatory (unless that it is later required by the consulate).
The cover letter must include:
- The purpose of your travel to the Schengen member state or states.
- Proof of how you will fund your trip (own funds or sponsor).
- If you have a sponsor, explain your relationship with them and why they will be sponsoring your trip.
- An overview of your itinerary, which also explains why you chose to apply at the specific Embassy or Consulate.
- If you cannot provide any of the documents required, explain why you couldn’t collect them and provide alternative documents if possible.
- Your intent to return to your home country.
Pay the fee:
The fee to apply for the visa is 60 € and it is not refundable, independently of it is was accepted or rejected. It might be paid online or in the consulate but depends on the Spanish consulate in your home country.
When the Spanish consulate provides an online means to pay the fee, the common procedure is a) fill the online application form and submit it together with the required documents, b) pay the fee, c) schedule an appointment for the interview in the Spanish consulate. Otherwise, the applicant should contact with the Spanish consulate in their home country to schedule the appointment where he or she should provide the application form and the required documents, and also pay the fee in person.