The goal of this workshop is to bring together different communities working on quality in Wikipedia, DBpedia, Wikidata, OpenStreetMap, Wikimapia and other open knowledge bases. The workshop calls for sharing research experience and knowledge related to quality assessment in open data. We invite papers that provide methodologies and techniques, which can help to verify and enrich various community based services in different languages.
Short URL: QOD.BISconf.info
Previous edition of the workshop – QOD 2018.
Topics of interest
- Quality management in open knowledge bases
- Large-scale information extraction
- Assessment of geospatial data in OpenStreetMap, Wikimapia and other collaborative maps
- Multilingual entity recognition tasks
- Enriching open databases with NLP methods
- Quality assessment of Wikipedia articles
- Improving quality of DBpedia, Wikidata and other semantic databases
- Enrichment of multilingual open knowledge bases
- Analysis of references and citation data
- Long papers: max. 12 pages
- Work-in-progress reports: max. 6 pages
- Demo papers: max. 4 pages
Papers must be submitted in PDF format according to Springer LNBIP template
Submission system is available at EasyChair.
Papers approved for presentation at QOD 2019 will be published in BIS 2019 workshop post-conference proceedings, as a volume in Springer’s Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing (LNBIP) series. BIS 2019 Workshops proceedings will be distributed to workshop participants by regular mail.
Workshop papers will be made available in electronic form by the BIS organizers to all workshop participants (and only to them) directly before the conference.
- April 30, 2019 (extended) – submission deadline for papers
- May 22, 2019 (extended) – notification of acceptance/rejection
- June 5, 2019 (extended) – submission of final papers (for presentation)
- June 26-28, 2019 – the workshop
Authors of the accepted papers will be invited to extend their work to be published as part of Special Issue “Quality of Open Data” in Information journal.
Information is an online open access journal of information science and technology, data, knowledge and communication. It publishes reviews, regular research papers and short communications. It is indexed among others by Ei Compendex, Scopus, Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI – Web of Science).
There will be no article processing charge for extended versions of the accepted papers presented at the QOD 2019 workshop. Requirements for extendent papers:
- At least 40% new content is needed for extended papers
- Should not be exceed 30% copy/paste from conference papers
Organizers and Chairs
- Włodzimierz Lewoniewski, Poznan University of Economics and Business, Poland
- Anisa Rula, University of Milano-Bicocca, Milan, Italy
- Krzysztof Węcel, Poznań University of Economics and Business, Poland
- Maribel Acosta, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany
- Riccardo Albertoni, CNR-IMATI, Italy
- Denilson Barbosa, University of Alberta, Canada
- Volha Bryl, Springer Nature, United Kingdom
- Ioannis Chrysakis, Foundation for Research and Technology – Hellas (FORTH), Greece
- Vittoria Cozza, University of Padua, Italy
- Gianluca Demartini, The University of Queensland, Australia
- Wassim Dergeuch, Derilinx, Ireland
- Anastasia Dimou, Ghent University, Belgium
- Suzanne Embury, The University of Manchester, United Kingdom
- Ralf Härting, Hochschule Aalen, Germany
- Antoine Isaac, Europeana & VU University Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Tomas Kliegr, University of Economics, Prague, Czech Republic
- Dimitris Kontokostas, University of Leipzig, Germany
- Jose Emilio Labra Gayo, Universidad de Oviedo, Spain
- Maristella Matera, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Finn Årup Nielsen, Technical University of Denmark, Kingdom of Denmark
- Matteo Palmonari, University of Milano-Bicocca, Italy
- Simon Razniewski, Max Planck Institute for Informatics, Germany
- Mariano Rico, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain
- Blerina Spahiu, Università degli Studi di Milano Bicocca, Italy
- Morten Warncke-Wang, Wikimedia Foundation, USA
- Amrapali Zaveri, Maastricht University, Netherlands
- Włodzimierz Lewoniewski – firstname.lastname@example.org