Digitization is the application of digital technologies for creating innovative business models and transforming existing business models and processes. Digital business models and process are crucial for many enterprises to achieve their strategic goals. Digitization creates profound changes in the economy and society. Therefore, it has not only a technological but also a business management perspective and new value chains arise. Digitization fosters new models of value creation such as Service-Dominant Logic (Vargo & Lusch, 2004).
Due to the high diversity of concepts, the complexity of systems involved and the heterogeneity of stakeholders, it is crucial to the success of digitization to use methodically sound engineering. Therefore, the workshop “Digital Enterprise Engineering and Architecture” integrates technological themes with business themes and applies engineering principles to the design of Digital Enterprise Architectures (EA). The workshop embraces concepts from Computer Science, Business Information Systems, and Business Administration. It strives for deriving the Digital Enterprise Architectures from the enterprise goals and strategy and aligning it with the enterprise resources. Typical elements of digital enterprise architectures are the use of decision automation, predictive or even prescriptive analytics. In this way, digital technologies such as service-orientation, cloud-computing, big data, mobile or the internet of things enable the creation of new options for enterprises and organizations.
The goal of the workshop is to identify challenges from digitization for enterprises and organizations and to advance Digital Enterprise Engineering and Architecture to cope with these challenges. The workshop shall identify and develop concepts and methods that assist the engineering and the management of digital enterprise architectures and the software systems supporting them.
Short URL: IDEA.BISconf.info
Topics of interest
- Methods for Engineering Digital Enterprises
- Frameworks for the Design of Digital Enterprise Architectures
- Alignment of the enterprise goals and strategies with the digital enterprise architecture
- Design approaches for digital enterprise architecture
- Architectural patterns for service-orientation, cloud-computing, big data, mobile or the internet of things
- Mapping of digital enterprise architecture to cloud-based enterprise resources and big data
- Management of digital enterprise architecture
- Domain-specific application architectures
- Architecture Management for the digitization of business models and business processes
- Impact of digitization on society and economy
- Security in Digital Architectures
- Long papers: max. 12 pages
- Work-in-progress reports: max. 6 pages
Papers must be submitted in PDF format according to Springer LNBIP template.
Submission system will be available.
Papers approved for presentation at IDEA 2019 will be published in BIS 2019 workshop post-conference proceedings, as a volume in Springer’s Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing (LNBIP) series. BIS 2019 Workshops proceedings will be distributed to workshop participants by regular mail.
Workshop papers will be made available in electronic form by the BIS organizers to all workshop participants (and only to them) directly before the conference.
- April 15, 2019 – submission deadline for papers
- May 15, 2019 – notification of acceptance/rejection
- May 27, 2019 – submission of final papers (for presentation)
- June 26-28, 2019 – the workshop
Organizers and Chairs
- Michael Möhring, Munich University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- Alfred Zimmermann, Faculty of Informatics of Reutlingen University, Germany
- Rainer Schmidt, Munich University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- Selmin Nurcan, University Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, ‘Centre de Recherche en Informatique’ (CRI), France
To be announced…
- Rainer Schmidt – Rainer.Schmidt@hm.edu