New disruptive technologies and the digital revolution are rapidly transforming the nature of how companies are interacting with their customers. Executives in all industries are thus using digital advances such as analytics, mobility, social media, IoT and smart embedded devices – as well as improving traditional technologies such as ERP – to build new digital services and transform the experience of their customers. However, transforming the customer experience does not imply only technology, but to adopt a customer centric approach that places the individual customer at the centre of organization, processes and roles. As a consequence, the workshop “Transforming the Digital Customer Experience” is at the corner between technological advances and business advances by focusing in how new technologies trends and organizational advances can help in developing new services to improve the experience of the digital customer. The workshop embraces concepts from Computer Science, Information Systems, and Business Administration areas.
The goal of the workshop is to identify challenges from digitization of the customer relationship and to make progress, such as tools, methodologies and frameworks, to deal with these challenges.
Short URL: DigEx.BISconf.info
Topics of interest
- Applications of disruptive technologies for enhancing the customer experience (Social, Mobile, Analytics, Cloud, IoT, etc.)
- Omni-channel and cross-channel strategies supported through digital services for improving the relationship with customers
- Methodologies and tools for understanding the customer perception and behaviour (sentiment analysis, customer journey maps, etc.)
- Obtaining customer insight through analytical services using big data, business intelligence and other analytics technologies
- Digital services for recommendation and customization of product offers
- Digital services and tools for customer profiling and segmentation
- Extension of traditional service and product offerings to digital enabled services
- Digital services for transforming the customer experience in specific industries (retail, publishing, etc.)
- Long papers: max. 12 pages
Papers must be submitted in PDF format according to Springer LNBIP template
Submission system is will be available soon.
Papers approved for presentation at DigEx-2019 will be published in BIS 2019 workshop post-conference proceedings, as a volume in Springer’s Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing (LNBIP) series. BIS 2019 Workshops proceedings will be distributed to workshop participants by regular mail.
Workshop papers will be made available in electronic form by the BIS organizers to all workshop participants (and only to them) directly before the conference.
- April 15, 2019 – submission deadline for papers
- May 15, 2019 – notification of acceptance/rejection
- May 27, 2019 – submission of final papers (for presentation)
- June 26-28, 2019 – the workshop
Organizers and Chairs
- Oscar Avila, Universidad de los Andes, Bogotá, Colombia
- Laura Gonzalez, Universidad de la República, Uruguay
- Carlos Raymundo, Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas, Peru
- Virginie Goepp, INSA Strasbourg, France
- Francois Kiefer, INSA Euro-Mediterranee, Tunisia
- Christina Pakusch, University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- Olga Kalimullina, ITMO University – Russian Federation
- Mathupayas Thongmak, Thammasat Business School, Thailand
To be extended…
- Oscar Avila – firstname.lastname@example.org