Call for workshops
Topics of interest | Workshop organization | Workshop proceedings | Important dates | Submission guidelines
The 20th International Conference on Business Information Systems (BIS 2017) will be held at the Poznan University of Economics and Business, Poznań, Poland.
BIS is currently one of top European conferences (ranked “B” in CORE 2014) in the areas of theory and practice of development and implementation of contemporary business information systems. More information on current and previous editions of BIS conference is available on the BIS web site at http://bis.kie.ue.poznan.pl/.
Topics of interests
The BIS 2017 Program Committee invites proposals for workshops and events to be held back-to-back and during the conference.
BIS 2017 workshops and events may address all aspects of business information systems. These include in particular the conference theme ‘Big Data Analytics for Business and Public Administration’ and the topics mentioned in the Call for Papers among the categories:
- Big and Smart Data
- Business and Enterprise Modeling
- ICT Project Management
- Process Management
- Smart Infrastructures
- Social Media
The organization of the workshops and events (including participant’s registration, website creation and partial advertising of call for papers) will be supported by BIS team, allowing workshop organizers to focus on scientific aspects of the event (review and selection of papers, division of presentations into sessions).
- Nov 30, 2016 – submission deadline for workshop proposals
- Decisions on acceptance or rejection of proposed workshop will be taken and announced to workshop organizers within two weeks from submission deadline.
Each submission of proposed workshop or other event (max three A4 pages in PDF format) should describe:
- Title of the event
- Short description of the event and its goals
- Proposed format (e.g., workshop, tutorial, panel, etc.)
- Initial list of topics
- Preliminary program committee with specified chair(s)
- Description of workshop/event history (if proposed event is a following edition of already existing event) including statistics of previous edition(s)
- Previous experience of chair(s) in organizing similar events
- Preliminary forecast on possible number of submissions and accepted papers
Any information on possible workshop/event publicity is also welcome.
Submissions should be sent to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org